Sunday, June 18, 2006

No more lectures

Friday saw the last of my lectures at the business school as tomorrow marks the start of week 9 study vacation before Trinity term exams the following week.

The last couple of weeks have presented a few opportunities to say good bye to various non business school people who, given term has now ended and summer holidays have begun, I am unlikely to see again. These were mainly rugby players from OURFC and St Peters College, who I only really got to know vaguely but whose company I enjoyed very much when time permitted.

The focus between now and the commencement of the summer consulting project will be exam study although given it is the height of summer here there are a few outdoor social events to partake of including the OUANZ Society Summer Cocktails at the Cherwell Boathouse, The Oriel College Ball and the One Day Varsity Cricket Match at Lords.

The pictures below a pretty self-explanatory. There are too many stories attached to them to write here and now as I have some assignments to work on. To be honest as much as I will miss being a student in Oxford come September I am very keen to move onto the next phase in my life and break the cycle of lectures, presentations, assignments and exams punctuated by the odd glass of Pimms and lemonade. My girlfriend Tory arrives in Dublin in early July and I am very excited about seeing her and charting a new direction together.

Yesterday I went to London for a BBQ held by ex-QUT law mate Ryan and then the engagement party of Sam, a mate from Brisbane. However, I neglected to take any pictures so you will just have to use your imagination.

Cheerio till next time,
Doug.